Skip to main content

I love her first

I publish this post as a father of my only daughter. I don't write much here because my writing can be very long. You will be bored to read it. But, the two video clips below are sufficient to represent of what is in my mind. Both video clip below was from the link in my old email archive sent by a friend.

In the video above the father said:
The first one to embrace her was me.
The first one to kiss her was me.
The first one to care for her was me.
Still, I hope you will be the one who accompanies her for life.
But if there ever comes a day when you don't love her anymore...
Please don't tell her. Tell me.
I will take her home.

The song that the father sings is called "I Love Her First" by Heartland.

Look at the two of you dancing that way.
Lost in the moment and each other's face.
So much in love you're alone in this place.
Like there's nobody else in the world.
I was enough for her not long ago.
I was her number one.
She told me so.
And she still means the world to me.
Just so you know.
So be careful when you hold my girl.
Time changes everything.
Life must go on.
And I'm not gonna stand in your way.

But I loved her first and I held her first.
And a place in my heart will always be hers.
From the first breath she breathed.
When she first smiled at me.
I knew the love of a father runs deep.
And I prayed that she'd find you someday.
But it's still hard to give her away.
I loved her first.

How could that beautiful woman with you.
Be the same freckle-faced kid that I knew.
The one that I read all those fairy tales to?.
And tucked into bed all those nights?.
And I knew the first time I saw you with her.
It was only a matter of time.

But I loved her first and I held her first.
And a place in my heart will always be hers.
From the first breath she breathed.
When she first smiled at me.
I knew the love of a father runs deep.
And I prayed that she'd find you someday.
But it's still hard to give her away.
I loved her first.

From the first breath she breathed.
When she first smiled at me.
I knew the love of a father runs deep.
Someday you might know what I'm going through.
When a miracle smiles up at you.
I loved her first.

Yes, I was the first to love her. If you have enough time please read this inner voices.

Comments

  1. A heartwarming post even though I don't have a daughter. Her father's words so beautiful, really full of affection.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was her father's words that prompted this post.

      Delete
  2. I do not have a daughter but, I love my son and daughter in love as they do me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are the luckiest man at your age.

      Delete
  3. This is very touching..! I can feel this post comes from your heart. I was crying, reading the first letter, imagining I would say that words to my daughter's husband someday. Even though I'm not a father, I will also say, " if there ever comes a day when you don't love her anymore...Please tell me, I will take her home"

    Suddenly I remember, about some friend of mine, that had an unhappy marriage because her husband don't love her anymore.. why don't they ( the cheating husband ) act like a gentleman by take their wife back to her parent, if they don't love her anymore.. it is better than leave her on sorrow.. I am so sorry, it is out of topic of your post, I am so emotional

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel that's a powerful message delivered with love. By the way are you really going to say it?

      About your friend... I can not say much. But... sometimes the norms, customs, or tradition prevailing in a society also makes women in a weak bargaining position, beside education.

      Delete
  4. I had two daughter and i know both of them really love me as a father

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can say you are a lucky father.

      Delete

Post a Comment

NOTE: comment moderation is activated due to a lot of spam comments. Comments containing racial hatred, personal attacks, or advertising are strictly prohibited.

POPULAR POSTS LAST 7 DAYS:

Christmas Contemplation When The Bell Ringing

A few days ago, I visited a mall to buy something. The atmosphere was very rousing with Christmas decorations and I believe also occurs around the world. Producers take advantage of Christmas moment to compete and increase sales with tempting offers, such as: discount 20%, 30%, 40%, buy one get one, etc. Parents are busy thinking of what gifts should be purchased, and children imagining of what the gift they will get. Many people calculate their money for the best holiday package. That's NOT wrong! But... when the bell is ringing.... Before: Christmas is the birth of Savior! Now: Santa, where is my gift? Before: That is the beginning of the redemption of our sin. Now: Let's be happy for welcoming Christmas and new year. Before: Jesus has come in simplicity. Now: Let's go holiday ! I'm just imagining the genuine spirit of why we celebrate Christmas has gone. And... in this opportunity, I want to tell you that the Christmas bell resounding the call to the soul to follow t

Chinese New Year 2560 - Gong Xi Fa Cai

On January 26th 2009 (Indonesian time) the Chinese people around the world celebrate the Chinese New Year 2560th (old enough I think). It's sometimes called the Lunar New Year . Following tradition, at the night one day before the first day of new year, all family members gather together for dinner. The chosen venue usually at the home of the most senior member of the family or at restaurant. After dinner, usually followed by giving the red envelopes ( Hongbao in Mandarin; Angpao in Indonesian) from married couples or the elderly to unmarried juniors, and the junior member give respect by saying the hope for health, happiness, and long-aged to the elderly. Prayer at the temples and visiting the other elderly relatives is the next schedules. In Indonesia, I noted that since the era of President Abdurrahman Wahid (also known as Gus Dur), the Chinese culture such as lion dance (Indonesian called Barongsai), the use of Chinese characters and Chinese red paper lantern for decor

VETO VS DEMOCRACY

In this post I only quotes the things associated with the two words above. Please use your sense and read carefully to find and feel the fundamental differences from it. VETO According to Wikipedia : A veto, Latin for I FORBID , is used to denote that a certain party has the right to stop unilaterally a certain piece of legislation. In practice, the veto can be ABSOLUTE (as in the U.N. Security Council, whose permanent members can block any resolution). In the United Nations Security Council, the five permanent members (the United States, Russia, the People's Republic of China, France and the United Kingdom) have veto power in substantive matters, though NOT in procedural ones. If any of these countries votes against a proposal, it is REJECTED , even if all of the other member countries vote in favor. According to Global Policy Forum : "The five permanent members of the Security Council (China, France, Russia, United Kingdom, and United States) ENJOY the privilege of veto po