Skip to main content

Love and hate in science

Have you ever loved or hated someone? One must be very pleasant, and the other must be very unpleasant. You definitely want the unpleasant ones to be thrown away or forgotten. But both still remain in your memory.

Religious teaching or a motivator certainly will give advice to forget all the bad things. Maybe you consider it a normative suggestion. In philosophical viewpoint there are those who says that the difference of love and hate is very thin. Love can be hateful, and vice versa. Buddhist philosophy says that everything in the world is temporary. But I want to try from a scientific viewpoint to explain this philosophical view.

Love and hate have in common, both equally was the unforgettable memories in our brain. But over time, both of them will gradually fade after we become senile, as the brain cells that save the memories of both love and hate will going death one by one. At this stage you already do not have a sense of love and hate anymore, maybe forget the name of your own child. You are slowly return to Alpha from Omega. Of course this is just my personal view that has not been scientifically tested. However that's life! How about you?

Comments

  1. I believe in balance. Not to go overboard with either love or hate but be equanimous in our relationships will be my advice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What is the "balance" philosophy do you mean in the context of this post?

      Delete
  2. I am not being philosophical. I am being practical. Love and both are Reactions to stimuli. By using the gap between stimulus and response to decide how to respond, we lead a balanced life without getting carried away by either positive or negative reactions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seems you tend to choose the middle path.
      However, the truth is not always in the middle. It could be that the truth is on the left or right.

      Delete
  3. A simple but meaningful explanation to reach awareness that everything will surely roll by. No matter how hard it is.
    I don't think that you use microscopic cells as an analogy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and welcome to this blog. Hopefully you like to read my posts.

      Delete

Post a Comment

NOTE: Comments are moderated to block spam. Genuine comments will be published even if you are critical or disagree with me. Hate speech, personal attacks, ads, or spam will be removed.

POPULAR POSTS LAST 7 DAYS:

Christmas Contemplation When The Bell Ringing

A few days ago, I visited a mall to buy something. The atmosphere was very rousing with Christmas decorations and I believe also occurs around the world. Producers take advantage of Christmas moment to compete and increase sales with tempting offers, such as: discount 20%, 30%, 40%, buy one get one, etc. Parents are busy thinking of what gifts should be purchased, and children imagining of what the gift they will get. Many people calculate their money for the best holiday package. That's NOT wrong! But... when the bell is ringing.... Before: Christmas is the birth of Savior! Now: Santa, where is my gift? Before: That is the beginning of the redemption of our sin. Now: Let's be happy for welcoming Christmas and new year. Before: Jesus has come in simplicity. Now: Let's go holiday ! I'm just imagining the genuine spirit of why we celebrate Christmas has gone. And... in this opportunity, I want to tell you that the Christmas bell resounding the call to the soul to follow t...

In Memory, my beloved brother

Actually, I do not think to make this post. But at one night, suddenly I look at his photo and remembered all his kindness and beautiful memories when he was still with us. Since December 23th, 2007, my beloved brother Rudiansyah Guyana has left us forever. He was a kind-hearted man, helpful to others, a man who love his family, an independent person, hard worker, and always want to go forward to reach for his dreams in order to be success in life and marry using his own money. I still remember when I was in hard conditions, he always gave genuine support. I never forget when I get married... he by sincerely gave some money to me by saying "For anything". Although a very little amount, but in sincerity I felt touched, moreover I knew he got it with very hard. And now... despite I'm a manager who have sizable income, I have no way to reply his kindness because he already went to the other world, forever. Feels like facing the door that was closed for me. For my lifetime I...

The Future In Our Hands

Have you ever heard about the end of the world (doomsday)? Let me share the list of human predictions towards these issue. Unfortunately, all predictions are wrong. My friend ever said: "There are many faithful peoples in this world, and their prayer will prevent it". Apart from the matter above, in this opportunity I only want to share a video that attracted my attention. The author only give the initial name as "fwywarrior". Click " The Future Of Our World " to play. This post also inspired by the global issue that we are facing now, such as global warming (climate change), ozone layer depletion (or ozone hole), several animals that was extinct, new disease that appear in human life in this century. Many scientists spend their time in effort to fight climate change. At least we also think to our own grandchildren. What can we do to help prevent Climate Change? Personally many things that we can do to appreciate the scientists effort. If you care about...