Skip to main content

President messages to Australia

The issue of tapping "conducted" by Australia now widespread discussed in Indonesia. Even the Indonesian hacker has reportedly attacked several sites belonging to Australian as countermeasure. President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono will send a formal letter to Prime Minister Tony Abbott to ask for an official explanation from the Australian government.

While we don't know what exactly the content of the letter, let we see on what Indonesian President had wrote on his official twitter account, as follow:

Official Twitter account of the President

That's official Twitter account of President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono. Managed by the special staff of President of the Republic of Indonesia. Tweets from the President are signed *SBY*.

Message from President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono

Below was the hacker's message (image taken from merdeka.com).

Message from hacker

I think, tapping in the cyber world is common, but tapping that conducted by a government to government is a serious matter. Do you agree?

Comments

  1. Well Tikno, you know what I'm going to write :): it's serious among friends, protests are in place, asking for explanations is almost mandatory, but let's not pretend spying is one-sided. So, instead of escalating , playing cool is the wiser strategy in my opinion. And, actually I think that official institutions ( secret services) spying on their own countrymen is the by far more serious offence Edward Snowden revealed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Perhaps, it could be on either side. But unfortunately Australia has been caught.
      But anyway, I'm the type that is very respectful of the so-called privacy. I also oppose Internet censorship.
      President has playing cool. I think... media is the source of anger with its teasing title and contents.

      Delete
  2. I agree, particularly when both the countries involved are considered to be friendly neighbours. It is another story if it were between us and our neighbour :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

NOTE: Comments are moderated to block spam. Genuine comments will be published even if you are critical or disagree with me. Hate speech, personal attacks, ads, or spam will be removed.

POPULAR POSTS LAST 7 DAYS:

Christmas Contemplation When The Bell Ringing

A few days ago, I visited a mall to buy something. The atmosphere was very rousing with Christmas decorations and I believe also occurs around the world. Producers take advantage of Christmas moment to compete and increase sales with tempting offers, such as: discount 20%, 30%, 40%, buy one get one, etc. Parents are busy thinking of what gifts should be purchased, and children imagining of what the gift they will get. Many people calculate their money for the best holiday package. That's NOT wrong! But... when the bell is ringing.... Before: Christmas is the birth of Savior! Now: Santa, where is my gift? Before: That is the beginning of the redemption of our sin. Now: Let's be happy for welcoming Christmas and new year. Before: Jesus has come in simplicity. Now: Let's go holiday ! I'm just imagining the genuine spirit of why we celebrate Christmas has gone. And... in this opportunity, I want to tell you that the Christmas bell resounding the call to the soul to follow t...

In Memory, my beloved brother

Actually, I do not think to make this post. But at one night, suddenly I look at his photo and remembered all his kindness and beautiful memories when he was still with us. Since December 23th, 2007, my beloved brother Rudiansyah Guyana has left us forever. He was a kind-hearted man, helpful to others, a man who love his family, an independent person, hard worker, and always want to go forward to reach for his dreams in order to be success in life and marry using his own money. I still remember when I was in hard conditions, he always gave genuine support. I never forget when I get married... he by sincerely gave some money to me by saying "For anything". Although a very little amount, but in sincerity I felt touched, moreover I knew he got it with very hard. And now... despite I'm a manager who have sizable income, I have no way to reply his kindness because he already went to the other world, forever. Feels like facing the door that was closed for me. For my lifetime I...

Five things I am proud of

I am typing this post while accompanying my baby sleeping at night. Jim Belshaw from Personal Reflections site, as I read on his short profile is a manager, strategic consultant, freelance researcher and social commentator, has asked me to write about 5 things I am proud of. And below is my duty for Jim. Become a father . I do not have a child during the first three-year marriage. Problem? maybe not in western but few bother here. In a relax chat people often ask : "How many children do you have?". While joking, my best friend ever said: "You're not yet being a real father until you have a child". Hmm... an uncomfortable question. But now I have Ely and Alex. Maybe Jim or readers will be laughing at me for this one, ha... ha... Not an unemployment . Really I will feel low-self if it happened. Harmonious with my siblings . Care each other when in trouble. Of course I need harmony with other people but with own siblings is the fundamental thing. My parents live w...