Skip to main content

Dilemma in vaccination

COVAX is a WHO program to ensure the availability and accessibility of the COVID-19 vaccine worldwide in a fast, fair and equitable manner. As we know, only a few countries are capable of producing the Covid-19 vaccine. This initiative sounds ideal for many poor and developing (and non-producing) countries. Presently Covid-19 vaccine has become something contested by many countries, much more valuable than any drugs. Because it can be used as the "game changer" in economical and political matters. Will the producing countries are willing to provide adequate amounts of vaccine for other countries while their people really need it. Well, how do you think about that? I think, if the herd immunity only occurs in a few countries, then this pandemic will not end, which at the end will worry you constantly in doing business activity with other countries. You can not alone, righ? Please read the news about the worries of rich countries hoarding Covid-19 vaccine and the wealthy countries deals with vaccine manufacturers led to reduction in amount of vaccines allocated to COVAX, and the WHO warns of "catastrophic moral failure". I really hope this program can run smoothly for the sake of humanity.

About dilemma in personal level.
Ohh... this is more complicated. It's a phobia problem. I found this video on YouTube and share it here.

Comments

  1. I can see the dilemma but, would rather not comment as religious issues are involved. On the personal front however, if one has decided to take the vaccination, one should simply grit one's teeth and get it over with. The discomfort of the jab and its side effects are within manageable limits as I have personally experienced.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the information. Do you think the COVAX scheme will be effective?

      Delete
    2. I am not an expert to comment but, millions are taking it.

      Delete
    3. Just hope that scheme goes well. Your country is very lucky to have produced this vaccine.

      Delete
  2. I've had the vaccine and the actual application does not hurt. I say this truthfully because I hate needles. However, your arm does ache later. In the U.S. we still have too many people who do not want to take the vaccine. Therefore, I don't know when we'll reach herd immunity. I agree that wealthier countries need to help others in just as much need because we are all connected.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What vaccine did you get? I was injected using Sinovac vaccine and am waiting for my second injection. After the first injection, I felt a little sore at arm for few hours. Before the first shot, I asked the medical staff about Sinovac side effects, and I was told that each person will be different. Some experience tired, slight fever, nausea, or drowsiness. That is normal as a reaction from our body. By the way, there are many false issue about Covid-19 vaccine.
      For those who refuse vaccine, I think they are risking themselves and become a burden for government.

      Delete
  3. Aneh juga sih ya malah ga jarang para tenaga medis yang ketakutan sama jarum suntik. Bahkan lelaki bertubuh kekar aja bisa meraung2 melihat alat vaksinnya hahaha :D Semoga vaksinasi ini segera tercapai pemerataannya di seluruh Indonesia agar kita lebih bisa menjaga diri dan terhindar dari penyakit2 berbahaya ini aamiin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tapi banyak juga yang bandel menolak divaksin, tidak percaya covid itu nyata.

      Delete
  4. Alhamdulillah kalau saya tidak takut kalau disuntik
    Tapi entah kenapa setelah vaksi kok malah mudah sakit XD ah mungkin perasaanku saja

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ross9/9/23

    Finally humans are capable to overcome this pandemic.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

NOTE: Comments are moderated to block spam. Genuine comments will be published even if you are critical or disagree with me. Hate speech, personal attacks, ads, or spam will be removed.

POPULAR POSTS LAST 7 DAYS:

Christmas Contemplation When The Bell Ringing

A few days ago, I visited a mall to buy something. The atmosphere was very rousing with Christmas decorations and I believe also occurs around the world. Producers take advantage of Christmas moment to compete and increase sales with tempting offers, such as: discount 20%, 30%, 40%, buy one get one, etc. Parents are busy thinking of what gifts should be purchased, and children imagining of what the gift they will get. Many people calculate their money for the best holiday package. That's NOT wrong! But... when the bell is ringing.... Before: Christmas is the birth of Savior! Now: Santa, where is my gift? Before: That is the beginning of the redemption of our sin. Now: Let's be happy for welcoming Christmas and new year. Before: Jesus has come in simplicity. Now: Let's go holiday ! I'm just imagining the genuine spirit of why we celebrate Christmas has gone. And... in this opportunity, I want to tell you that the Christmas bell resounding the call to the soul to follow t...

The Future In Our Hands

Have you ever heard about the end of the world (doomsday)? Let me share the list of human predictions towards these issue. Unfortunately, all predictions are wrong. My friend ever said: "There are many faithful peoples in this world, and their prayer will prevent it". Apart from the matter above, in this opportunity I only want to share a video that attracted my attention. The author only give the initial name as "fwywarrior". Click " The Future Of Our World " to play. This post also inspired by the global issue that we are facing now, such as global warming (climate change), ozone layer depletion (or ozone hole), several animals that was extinct, new disease that appear in human life in this century. Many scientists spend their time in effort to fight climate change. At least we also think to our own grandchildren. What can we do to help prevent Climate Change? Personally many things that we can do to appreciate the scientists effort. If you care about...

HIV / AIDS - Shame Or Disease

The first known case of HIV in Indonesia was from a foreign tourist in Bali in 1987 and now has reached a level that is very concerned. According to State Minister of Development Planning / Chairperson of the National Development Planning Agency (Indonesian: Menteri Negara Perencanaan Pembangunan/Kepala Bappenas), Paskah Suzetta, in 2004, AIDS cases are only found in 16 provinces, but at the end of the year 2007 the same case was found in 32 provinces in Indonesia. There has been many studies on the obstacles in dealing with HIV disease. But in this post, I will see it from the viewpoint of social stigma in eastern culture. There is paradigm (in this case from my personal observation in Indonesia) that should be overcome particularly to the matters related to sexually transmitted disease, that is: Feel ashamed if infected by HIV because that was considered as venereal disease, therefore the sufferer tend to close himself. Feel ashamed to be considered as committing adultery. There is a...