Skip to main content

One Hour with Family

At one time I found a text-file in a computer that was used together. The file contents was as follows :

A man back home from work, late, tired and irritated, and find his 5 years old son waiting for him at the door.
Son : "Daddy, may I ask you a question?"
Daddy : "Yeah sure, what is it?"
Son : "Dad, how much do you earn for a hour?"
Daddy : "That's none of your business, and why do you ask such a thing?" (daddy said with angry).
Son : "I just want to know. Please tell me how much do you earn for an hour?"
Daddy : "I make Rs. 500 an hour, so what the problem!"
Son : "Ohh..." (the little boy replied, with his head down)
Daddy : "Look up"
Son : "Dad, may I please borrow Rs. 300?"

The father was furious, and said : "If the only reason you ask to borrow some money is to buy a silly toy or other nonsense, then quickly go to your bedroom. Think why you are being so selfish. I work hard everyday not for this childish behavior."

The little boy quietly went to his bedroom and shut the door. The man sat down and started getting even angrier about the little boy's questions. He mumble : "How dare he ask such questions only to get some money"

After about a hour or so, the man has calmed down, and started to think: "May be there was something he really need to buy with that Rs.300. As I know, he rarely ask for money"

Then the man went to the little boy's room and open its door.
"Are you asleep, son?" he asked.
"No daddy, I'm awake," replied the boy.
"I've been thinking, may be I was too hard on you earlier. It's been a long day and I took out my aggravation on you. Here's Rs.300 for you", said the man.
The little boy sat straight up, smiling.
"Oh thank you dad !", he yelled, then reaching something under his pillow, he pulled some scrapped notes.

The man see that the boy already had money, started to get angry again, but the little boy slowly counted out his money, thenlooked up at his father.
Daddy : "Why do you want money if you already had some?"
Son : "Because I didn't have enough, but now I have it. Daddy... I have Rs. 500 now. Can I buy a hour of your time? Please come home early tomorrow. I would like to have dinner with you"

It's just a short reminder to all of you working so hard in life. We should not let time slip through our fingers without having spent some time with those who really matter to us, those close to our hearts. If we "gone" someday, the company that we're working could easily replace us in a couple of days. But... our family (especially our parents, wife / husband, brother and children) that we left behind will feel the loss for the rest of their life. So please think about that if you spend much of your time to work than your family. Unwise investment indeed.

By the way, did you know what is the full words of FAMILY?
FAMILY = Father And Mother I Love You.
After finish reading that file, without being realized my tear goes down. Really affects me as a workaholic.

Comments

  1. As a father of an Adult young lady and a teen age son I can relate to this post...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my Gosh, that was a touching post.. Hope you don't mind but I am going to grab and post this on my blog..

    Thanks for sharing..

    Rose

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh this is the most touching I've ever read.Can I post this in my blog too? or in my friendster account?I will linked it back to you.I will do this after your permission.Thank you vey much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. To : Gina & Chubskulit-rose.
    I pleased you to re-post (grab) this article, as long as linked back to me and not change its content. May the feeling of family's love will be spread to everyone. Especially on the era where love began to fade caused by individualism.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

NOTE: comment moderation is activated due to a lot of spam comments. Comments containing racial hatred, personal attacks, or advertising are strictly prohibited.

POPULAR POSTS LAST 7 DAYS:

Christmas Contemplation When The Bell Ringing

A few days ago, I visited a mall to buy something. The atmosphere was very rousing with Christmas decorations and I believe also occurs around the world. Producers take advantage of Christmas moment to compete and increase sales with tempting offers, such as: discount 20%, 30%, 40%, buy one get one, etc. Parents are busy thinking of what gifts should be purchased, and children imagining of what the gift they will get. Many people calculate their money for the best holiday package. That's NOT wrong! But... when the bell is ringing.... Before: Christmas is the birth of Savior! Now: Santa, where is my gift? Before: That is the beginning of the redemption of our sin. Now: Let's be happy for welcoming Christmas and new year. Before: Jesus has come in simplicity. Now: Let's go holiday ! I'm just imagining the genuine spirit of why we celebrate Christmas has gone. And... in this opportunity, I want to tell you that the Christmas bell resounding the call to the soul to follow t

Chinese New Year 2560 - Gong Xi Fa Cai

On January 26th 2009 (Indonesian time) the Chinese people around the world celebrate the Chinese New Year 2560th (old enough I think). It's sometimes called the Lunar New Year . Following tradition, at the night one day before the first day of new year, all family members gather together for dinner. The chosen venue usually at the home of the most senior member of the family or at restaurant. After dinner, usually followed by giving the red envelopes ( Hongbao in Mandarin; Angpao in Indonesian) from married couples or the elderly to unmarried juniors, and the junior member give respect by saying the hope for health, happiness, and long-aged to the elderly. Prayer at the temples and visiting the other elderly relatives is the next schedules. In Indonesia, I noted that since the era of President Abdurrahman Wahid (also known as Gus Dur), the Chinese culture such as lion dance (Indonesian called Barongsai), the use of Chinese characters and Chinese red paper lantern for decor

VETO VS DEMOCRACY

In this post I only quotes the things associated with the two words above. Please use your sense and read carefully to find and feel the fundamental differences from it. VETO According to Wikipedia : A veto, Latin for I FORBID , is used to denote that a certain party has the right to stop unilaterally a certain piece of legislation. In practice, the veto can be ABSOLUTE (as in the U.N. Security Council, whose permanent members can block any resolution). In the United Nations Security Council, the five permanent members (the United States, Russia, the People's Republic of China, France and the United Kingdom) have veto power in substantive matters, though NOT in procedural ones. If any of these countries votes against a proposal, it is REJECTED , even if all of the other member countries vote in favor. According to Global Policy Forum : "The five permanent members of the Security Council (China, France, Russia, United Kingdom, and United States) ENJOY the privilege of veto po