Personally, I see there was a paradigm in eastern culture that should be overcome particularly the matters related to sexually transmitted disease, that is:
- Shame if being infected by the HIV / AIDS because it was considered the venereal disease, therefore the sufferer tended to close himself.
- Shame to be known had adulterous.
- There was the opinion who said that the action of distributing condom was indirectly legalizing free sex.
- Shame to meet doctor or carry out the blood test for the problem related to sexual.
- Woman tend to succumb in the usage of contraception and men tend to be reluctant to use condom.
- There are the embarrassed feeling if must buy a condom in a shop.
To find out about HIV / AIDS, click here. To find out about how to prevent HIV / AIDS, click here. To find the services for HIV / AIDS in Indonesia, click here.
This post is part of Bloggers Unite for World AIDS Day.